Sunday 16 October 2011

Week 7


This is my new favicon and poster for this project.








Research

I visited the library on Monday and took a four more books out. Two of the books from last week I had no time to go through, therefore I will have to do this now as they are only a weekly loan.

The books I took out this Monday are:

Sound for film and television - Tomlinson Holman

A technological History of Motion Pictures and Television - Raymond Fielding

Painting with Light - John Alton

Cinema and Technology: Image, Sound, Colour - Steve Neale

Project Progress

On Saturday 15.10.2011, I went out to the Tarvit and took the shots I needed. However, it didn’t go very well because;

1: The actor brought his dog (although told not to). This resulted in the poor animal whining all throughout while tied to the table leg causing more stress and lack of concentration.

2. Actor was not very co-operative and didn’t bring the planned attire as instructed; overalls and working boots, in order to compliment the scene. I don’t know what you do with people who refuse to co-operate but if this was a real life situation he would most likely be dropped from the production team. Unfortunately, I have no replacement and unlikely to find suitable person to travel the distance on short notice.

I am hoping I will be able to change the actor’s clothes colouring in After Effects as it is done on www.videocopilot.net by Andrew Kramer. Let’s just hope some of the shots will be salvageable.

Last week I completed the storyboards. This means I have documented my ideas well in detail. My pre-production is now almost complete, although there are a few loose ends to tie up. Proof-reading is one of them.

Overall I am making a good progress. I just wish I had more time to do the research and will have to jump into it the next week full-steam ahead.

There’s also work in other classes such as Digital Imaging project I need to do which involves going out and taking 10+ photographs merging these and photomanipulate to create a painting. I plan to do this in week 8, so that I can then concentrate more on my Honours project which icludes learning After Effects.

Meeting with Supervisor

My supervisor went over my storyboards with me and agreed I have made good progress. He said I have done a lot of work and advised to add the document to my appendices of the 'Week 12 Report'. He would like to know if I would have done anything differently once I had my research done.

The next week I will have to make more of an effort into reading and start writing my week 12 report, which will include the literature review.

No comments:

Post a Comment